[Systems] API for activities.sugarlabs.org?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Feb 26 06:43:21 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-25 at 18:25 -0200, Pablo Flores wrote:

> The biggest drawback I find in using ASLO for our applications is that
> you need a different login user/pass, which is not big stuff but makes
> it unpractical, even more if we want to encourage teachers to write
> their reviews.

> If we could make an automatic login in ASLO with openId it could be a
> good solution. Then we just would have to personalize the interface to
> make it ceibalJAM-like. We could use collections to separate our
> activities from others.

Adding OpenID support would be very useful also for us.

When I started setting up the Sugar Labs infrastructure, I was hoping to
use OpenID (and LDAP) to knit different web applications together under
a single sign-on solution,

However, OpenID was still too immature 1.5 years ago. Application
support was missing or incomplete, and there were plenty of weird
interoperability problems between OpenID providers and applications.

Now the question is: does the upstream Remora application, on which ASLO
is based, already support OpenID? If not, would they be interested in
adding it?