[Systems] [IAEP] Hi everybody

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Feb 25 14:19:43 EST 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 22:24 -0500, Franco castro wrote:
> Hello, I'll introduce myself, I'm from México, I came to study English
> in Boston, In my country I use to work as a sysadmin (http,
> subversion, mailing lists, hosting, etc) I had been here in Boston for
> a couple of months, and basically in looking to help in any kind of
> project related to TI and what better than Linux, my English is
> limited, but I think I have a good Linux level, at least enough to
> help.
>
> Caroline and Anurag had been very kind they talk me about this
> project, I'm reading everything about sugar, and SoaS, and please, let
> me know how can I support :)

I'm the coordinator of the Sugar Labs Infrastructure team:

  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Infrastructure_Team

I'm currently working from Paraguay and I have less time to properly
maintain our services. In particular, I'm looking for help with these
services, in my priority order:

 * planet.sugarlabs.org

   - switch to a better RSS aggregator than PlanetPlanet,
     such as Planet Venus

   - better css and html templates

   - help process syndication requests

 * wiki.sugarlabs.org (Mediawiki)
   - install/test Semantic Media Wiki
   - help the wiki admins fight vandals

 * bugs.sugarlabs.org (Trac)
   - help move to a different host (sunjammer)
   - help fight spammers
   - experiment with the upcoming trac 0.12

 * git.sugarlabs.org (Gitorious)
   - help fix a few UI warts
   - upgrade to latest upstream Gitorious (requires local install
     of new Rails runtime)

 * Maybe install (and maintain!) a proper ticket system to keep
   track of these todo items :-)

Please, join us on IRC and on the team mailing list.