[Systems] sugar labs nameserver

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:09:41 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 5:44 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>wrote:

> On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 22:16 -0600, David Farning wrote:
> > Is there a specific nameserver which should be used for all machines
> > in sugar labs? or specific nameserver for individual zones?
> >
> > I am setting up /etc/resolv.conf .
>
> For performance considerations, each hosting location should use local
> caching nameservers. If no nearby nameservers are trustworthy, we can
> run a local instance of unbound, which supports DNSSEC.
>
> (I'm thinking of signing the sugarlabs.org zone, btw).
>
> ok got it.  So, for for each location I need to find two or three dns
servers that are close.  A quick google search identifies 18.72.0.3,
18.70.0.160 and 18.71.0.151 as dns server for mit.   Thus, resolv.conf for
all machine at pike should look like

nameserver 18.72.0.3
nameserver 18.70.0.160
nameserver 18.71.0.151.

davd

BTW, you guys make a good team. Sascha leads me on a search where I can
discover what I need to know and then Bernie follows up with a concise
answer.