[Systems] [gnu.org #552346] [Fwd: Reverse DNS for translate.sugarlabs.org]

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Fri Feb 19 09:47:34 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 05:07:20PM -0300, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> This is the reverse zone I wrote for us.
Does BIND really still require you to manually generate the PTR records
and put them into a separate file where they get out of sync easily?

Maybe we should maintain the DNS records in tinydns-data format and
convert it to BIND format after checkout on the server. Or at least
generate it automatically using a set of templates and scripts...

I'd forgotten how ugly BIND is (tinydns-data sets the serial number
automatically as well, BTW).

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/