[Systems] (fwd) [Sugar-devel] state of feature patches]

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Wed Feb 17 16:37:17 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 13:34, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org> wrote:
> I've reactivated the report module in Trac with a single report that lists
> tickets that have patches attached, but no review keywords set. Maybe that
> helps finding some of those tickets.
>
> Please note that it's a rather expensive report, so we don't want any search
> engine or other bot to try it. The link on the Trac start page has
> rel="nofollow" set, I hope that helps. Please do the same with any direct
> link to the report if you decide to publish one.

That Won't Work™. Per
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nofollow#What_nofollow_is_not_for, "The
nofollow attribute value is not meant for blocking access to content,
or for preventing content to be indexed by search engines."

Instead, we should add the URL to robots.txt. Most queries should
already be there, anyway.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc