[Systems] Handing over ASLO to CSH

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 19:56:13 EST 2010

We have been preparing hand over the hosting and maintaining of ALSO to the
fine folks at Computer Science House.
1. Looks like the hardware is on its way (It is taking a brief layover in
Boston.)
2. The software plan is basically sound and tested. (As well as I can test
on my desktop using several VM to simulate the physical machine at RIT.)
3. The alternate server is taking shape (Run it on treehouse, crank up the
caches, and loadbalance to treehouse.)

The missing link seems to be, "How do we effectively transfer the knowledge
necessary to deploy and maintain ASLO to CSH?"

After mulling on this for an afternoon (ok, I have been worrying about this
for several months.  After all I am asking bernie to give control of our
primary web service to a group of relative strangers.  That is _not_ natural
behaviour for a sysadmin),  It would seem that ASLO boot camp might be the
way to go.

I have started an outline at
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Machine/Discovery_One/BootCamp .  I wonder if
we can set something like this up in a few weeks?

david