[Systems] Shell account request procedure

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Tue Feb 9 08:14:10 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 01:18:56AM -0300, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

>    http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sysadmin/Shell_account_request
Who gets mails sent do sysadmin@?

After account creation we should reply with a PGP/MIME signed email
containing the host keys of all SugarLabs hosts (or at least the ones
the account will have access to). We should also replicate that list as
/etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts on all our hosts.

BTW: Can we (in a few weeks that is, not now) set up a slave LDAP (or
copy an export in shadow database format if that's possible) on bender
and manage bender / build slave accounts centrally (group membership,
some fancy LDAP stuff)? Home directories can be created on first login
by pam_mkhomedir. Not sure yet how to transfer ssh keys, though.

PS: We should do some PGP key signing on next SugarCamp. I forgot to do
it at the Paris one. :(

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/