[Systems] Fwd: Pootle commit error

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Fri Dec 24 09:01:33 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 7:15 AM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 09:29:49AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> > Hi
> > Pootle can't commit in git.
> > Previously showed a error about the ssh key of the git server.
> > Bernie solved it (read mail below)
> > Now does not show any error, but wait and finally timeout.
> > I can't see the logs in the server.
> > Please, can you test doing commit in any pending translation?
> > Thanks
> >
> > Gonzalo
>
> Is it for specific projects?
> I see pottle commits eg
>
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/imageviewer/mainline/commit/9ddbbcfd8fa4728825bb8a9ffd6a3da5b417a8ff
> and there are bunch of sessions (accepted) from pottle in logs.
>
> Hmm, you are right.
I am trying to commit the Spanish translations of the 0.84 branch.
The connection with the Pootle page timeout, and if you reload the general
view page, don't see changes, but reloading a few minutes later see the
commit was done and the following error:

Failed to commit file: [GIT] push of
('/var/lib/pootle/checkouts/fructose84/read-activity', 'po/es.po')

failed: warning: You did not specify any refspecs to push, and the current
remote warning: has not configured any push refspecs.

The default action in this warning: case is to push all matching refspecs,
that is, all branches warning: that exist both locally and remotely will be
updated.

This may warning: not necessarily be what you want to happen.

warning: You can specify what action you want to take in this case, and

warning: avoid seeing this message again, by configuring 'push.default' to:

warning: 'nothing' : Do not push anything warning: 'matching' : Push all
matching branches (default)

warning: 'tracking' : Push the current branch to whatever it is tracking
warning: 'current' : Push the current branch Counting objects: 7, done.

Compressing objects: 25% (1/4)

Compressing objects: 50% (2/4)

Compressing objects: 75% (3/4)

Compressing objects: 100% (4/4)

Compressing objects: 100% (4/4), done.

Writing objects: 25% (1/4)

Writing objects: 50% (2/4)

Writing objects: 75% (3/4)

Writing objects: 100% (4/4)

Writing objects: 100% (4/4), 640 bytes, done.

Total 4 (delta 3), reused 0 (delta 0)

This method is deprecated and will be removed on the next release. Use
'publish' instead => Syncing Gitorious... [OK]

To gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:read/mainline.git 5bca106..649263c
sucrose-0.84 -> sucrose-0.84 ! [rejected] master -> master (non-fast
forward) error: failed to push some refs to 'gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:
read/mainline.git'

It appears to be a Pootle misconfiguration.
Anybody know what to do?

Gonzalo