[Systems] certificates / SNI, SSO / passwords

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-2 at silbe.org
Sun Aug 29 15:18:31 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Luke Faraone's message of Sun Aug 29 20:50:14 +0200 2010:
> On Aug 28, 2010, at 6:35, Sascha Silbe <sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-2 at silbe.org> wrote:
> > But from the FAQ I gather that we would still need a manual (= paid-for)
> > verification for non-SL domains as somebody else owns the domains:
>
> Automated (free) verification can occur if we are the Registrar, Technical, or Administrative email address listed in the WHOIS record, or if we have control over the "hostmaster" or "postmaster" email addresses. (hostmaster goes to a private RT queue, which is how I verified "ownership" of sl.o despite Bernie purchasing the domain)

Technically we can, but as I read the FAQ they will revoke our
certificates as soon as they notice what we're doing.
Of course I'd like to be contradicted by an explicit clarification
by StartCom. :)

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/