[Systems] Load on treehouse

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Aug 29 14:10:08 EDT 2010

El Thu, 19-08-2010 a las 11:10 -0400, Stefan Unterhauser escribió:
> bernie usr not monitoring ...
>
> and right now the main problem is that bilbo maltose dextrose openlesson and ...
> are doing backup at the same time which really kills everything which
> has to do with speed because our backups cost so much cpu ...

Can we move these build slaves to housetree on an IPv6 subnet? SMparrish
and rgs expressed interest in working on this.

Silbe and I have experience doing it on bender.

> by the way cpu usage score on treehouse:
> 1) aslo-web
> 2) lightwave

I figured out why lightwave causes high load. From time to time, sks
wakes up and trashes the disk for a few minutes. Sascha, why is that?
What can we do to speed it up? Would defragmenting /var/lib/sks help?

We should also look at setting up a second web slave for aslo. Either on
housetree, or on another fsf machine (when I'll be back in Boston).