[Systems] [Fwd: [Systems-logs] bender.codewiz.org: Munin alert]

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-2 at silbe.org
Sat Aug 21 12:41:18 EDT 2010

Excerpts from Bernie Innocenti's message of Thu Aug 12 16:44:12 +0200 2010:

> Bender always sends this warning overnight. It might be caused by cron
> jobs on the buildslaves firing all at the same time. Maybe we could
> remove useless stuff such as makewhatis and updatedb.

We could at least make them fire less often and at staggered intervals,
like we're doing for the buildbot. makewhatis / man-db might even be
unnecessary on Debian as it seems to get updated during package
installation. Anyone willing to take care of this? ;)
It's rare, but I sometimes need locate on a build slave, at least for
non-Debian ones.

> Or shall we just raise the system load threshold a little?

80% sys already sounds pretty bad. Usually I'd suspect DMA to be
disabled for IDE. ;)

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/