[Systems] [support.osuosl.org #11888] gitorious on git.sugarlabs.org broken

Lance Albertson via RT support at osuosl.org
Thu Apr 1 11:28:45 EDT 2010

On Thu Apr 01 15:11:58 2010, ramereth wrote:
> On Thu Apr 01 11:15:57 2010, sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
wrote:

> > Since yesterday night, gitorious on git.sugarlabs.org is erroring
> > out because of ImageMagick library issues. Have you done any
> > incompatible ImageMagick update or is something else going wrong?
>
> Looks like a python upgrade we did caused this issue. I apologize for
> that. I'm currently working on resolving it!

I finally fixed it by upgrading to the latest version of RMagick. When
we did our python upgrade, we rebuilt any package that had python
bindings. Imagemagick was on of these packages and it pulled in a newer
version that introduced a renamed function call and broke the site [1]
[2].

Sorry for the outage! Please let me know if you encounter any other
issues.

Thanks-

[1] http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=46689&forum_id=32
[2] http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=27467&group_id=12&atid=133

--
Lance Albertson
Systems Administrator / Architect