[Systems] sunjammer: downtime for relocation Sun, Sep 13 @ 22:30EST

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Mon Sep 14 13:21:37 EDT 2009

Sascha Silbe wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 09:36:14PM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>
>> Our new XEN host, cloud9.fsf.org, has faster processors, twice as much
>> memory, a faster RAID1 array and generally better hardware.  The
>> migration should mitigate the longstanding server overloading issue
>> caused by intense traffic on http://activities.sugarlabs.org during
>> weekdays.
> I guess it also has a new Xen kernel, i.e. one with CFS?

It is a newer linux and version of xen; "CFS" means several things, if
you can tell us how to check for the one you mean and you have to do the
check from the domU bernie or I can check for you.

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny