[Systems] [IAEP] voip.sugarlabs.org

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 09:46:00 EDT 2009

Surely it would make more sense to take it down a level and use
telepathy as the comms insftracture and from there use SIP where
needed, but also chat, MUC, dbus-dbus tubes, video and audio group
streaming and everything else xmpp is so good at. A communications box
if you will, with it being kinda like the master with the jabber
server installed on it? food for thought?

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> Potentially, this could be particularly interesting for press briefings.
>
> Effective PR structure, involves inviting a small group of journalists to
> briefings, usually just prior to launches, or to put out PR fires.
>
> When the group is small, listen/talk can be open to everyone. For
> larger groups, it's listen-only and a moderator handles a question
> queue, opening talk to key questioners in turn.
>
> There are of course lots of commercial services for this type of
> thing, but it would be great if we had that available to us.
>
> Sean
>

> On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 4:16 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
>> El Thu, 29-10-2009 a las 15:58 -0700, Sameer Verma escribió:
>>
>>> Hi Bernie,
>>> What's the purpose of this VoIP box?
>>
>> Primarily conferencing. In the future, we might want to use it for
>> end-user technical support and things like that.
>>
>> --
>>   // Bernie Innocenti - http://codewiz.org/
>>  \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://sugarlabs.org/

Samuel Goldwyn  - "I'm willing to admit that I may not always be
right, but I am never wrong." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/samuel_goldwyn.html