[Systems] Discovery_One Was a.sl.o migration.

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Wed Nov 11 14:58:43 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 05, 2009 at 03:10:12PM -0600, David Farning wrote:

>> I'm not sure that'll work out as expected. See my mail
>> <20091001212816.GB4941 at twin.sascha.silbe.org>:
> I could not access that email.
It was a reference (Message-ID) only. The corresponding web archive URL
is [1].

> Yes, I am interested too.  A well designed php app _should_ max out
> the CPU before the load starts climbing....  We will know more when we
> can isolate it from the rest of sunjammer.
Sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. By definition,
"load" is the number of processes that want to use the CPU (*). So under
pressure (i.e. with enough requests to fully utilize the server) the
load is going to be equal to the configured number of Apache / PHP
processes.

(*) It's slightly more complicated (the processes must be actually ready
to run), but that doesn't matter for the current discussion.
[1] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/private/systems/2009-October/000805.html

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/