[Systems] Memcached

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Mar 28 14:07:11 EDT 2009

On Mar 28, 2009, at 6:37 PM, David Farning wrote:
> I am trying to say that aslo is a memory hog and we should take that
> into account when considering the the future infrastructure needs of
> Sugar Labs.

Right, and I'm trying to explain that if that's true, it doesn't
follow from the memcached graphs you're looking at.

> This might be heresy to you, and other developers, but I don't really
> care how the infrastructure works.  All I see is a load (combined with
> a doubling/per week of activity downloading) going up at a high enough
> rate that it makes me wonder if someone who knows about these things
> should look into it.

I'm not trying to make you understand more than you want to know about
the infrastructure. I'm elucidating one particular instance where you
are mistakenly interpreting the data you have available.

Cheers,

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org