[Systems] Pootle instance for Sugar

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Mar 18 21:57:44 EDT 2009

We installed an *experimental* instance of Pootle on Sunjammer:

   http://translate.sugarlabs.org/

I backported pootle 1.2.1 and related dependencies from Debian
experimental, and applied Sayamindu's patches on top of it.
Binary and source packages are here:

  https://launchpad.net/~codewiz/+archive/ppa

Because Pootle has a habit of leaking memory and trashing systems down
to death, I wrote a stupid ulimit wrapper for it.  We can refine it
later by stealing some of the safe_mysql or safe_asterisk code.

Datafiles are in place, but we'll probably want to resync from OLPC
before we switch this into production.

I haven't seriously tested anything yet.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/