[Systems] buildslave4.sugarlabs.org

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Wed Mar 18 08:01:51 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 06:11:09PM -0500, David Farning wrote:

> /me goes to checkout buildbot.sl.o.
I'm afraid it has a locking issue again (though a more high-level one
now): [1]

>   ? #134 ETA 41s (07:15:45) [waiting for Lock]

I guess this is due to the IRC backends exception being handled
improperly (i.e. not returning the lock when an exception occurs).
The current upstream release seems to have the same problem (though it
probably won't occur as the IRC module has been fixed):

buildbot/process/base.py:

> class Build:
[...]
>     def startBuild(self, build_status, expectations, slavebuilder):
[...]
>         self.acquireLocks().addCallback(self._startBuild_2)
>         return d
[...]
>     def _startBuild_2(self, res):
>         self.build_status.buildStarted(self)
>         self.startNextStep()

If there's an exception in self.build_status.buildStarted(self), no
further instruction will be executed and the build is locked forever.
IMO we should upgrade to 0.7.10 anyway, as it at least fixes the bugs
triggering this behaviour. Also since it's a local installation (maybe
even put into git) we could fix it on our own.

[1] http://buildbot.sugarlabs.org/builders/GConf-dbus-Fedora-Rawhide

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/