[Systems] sunjammer apache seems to be locked up

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Jun 29 14:51:59 EDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 23:40 -0500, Chris Rowe wrote:
> apache2ctl status gave me:

Today I enabled "ExtendedStatus" in the apache config to fix Munin.

> When I ran apache2ctl restart as my user I got:
>

>         Syntax error on line 76
>         of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default-ssl:
>         SSLCertificateKeyFile: file
>         '/etc/ssl/private/sugarlabs.org.key' does not exist or is
>         empty

It's a red herring: that command should br ran as root, or it won't be
able to read the SSL key file.

> Is it safe to run apache2ctl restart under these conditions? Would
> that fix the problem?

Usually not, but in this case yes.

Anyway, restart is very rarely needed.  When you change the
configuration you should be able to get along with a reload.

Restarting causes all connections to be dropped, very annoying for
downloads.