[Systems] SoaS Strawberry release debrief - infrastructure

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jun 26 00:54:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Ivan
Krstić<krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> wrote:
> On Jun 25, 2009, at 7:08 PM, David Farning wrote:
>>
>> More memory for Sunjammer.  It looks like memory took the biggest hit.
>
> What hit? There was never less than 1.7GB of free RAM during the peak of the
> onslaught yesterday.

Currently atop is showing 650M free.  For a good part of yesterday
afternoon atop showed less than 20M free.  Several times swap was at
OM Free.

>> A bit harder fix would be to adapt Mozilla bounce for Sugar Labs.
>> Bounce is the automatic download redirect system which handles load
>> balancing locating the best mirror for a give download.
>
> There are free PHP scripts that do the same, AFAIK.

yes, they would be a good step.  Bounce adds a bunch of other stuff
like monitoring the health of the mirrors system.  I think it was
developed and is maintained at OSL.

david