[Systems] http://uservoice.com

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Wed Jul 22 22:40:18 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 22:21, Caroline Meeks <caroline at solutiongrove.com>wrote:

> The Acct. Holder would be us, but it's fairly scary from a user standpoint.
>

> What do we say when someone posts on Sugarlabs.org?  CCed?

SL's mailing lists are all AllRightsReserved-by-the-original-poster. (heh,
maybe we should change that) SL's trac is ARR as well.

SL's wiki is cc-by. UA's ToS give us full ownership of the user's content,
basically copyright attribution to SL and an unlimited non-ex non-rev
license to UA do do what they want.

> Facilitates people finding people with similar problems/wishes (Is this
> true?)
> Can we do any sort of single sign on/merged user name? Not that we have
> that on trac but it would be a nice feature to have accross our sites
> sometime.

Yes, in the NPO plan for gratis.

> Can we use XML /RSS feeds to tie things together in some creative way?

We could, but currently they don't allow NPOs to get their API with their
gratis NPO/FOSS plan. I'll check on that.

> I just wanted to keep the traffic down on IAEP. Systems is a public list
> that we are supposed to use for talk about our infrastructure.

"This is a closed list, which means your subscription will be held for
approval. You will be notified of the list moderator's decision by email.
This is also a private list, which means that the list of members is not
available to non-members.  "
- mailman at http://lists.sugarlabs.org/listinfo/systems

(not that I mind !spamming IAEP, but yeah, we want to ping the wider
community before implementation)

> Personally I'm torn. I hate to have yet another place. But its really hard
> and slow to use trac and we are never going to get teachers to do it.

Understood. Personally I'm for it, as long as we are able to get a group of
people who agree to watch it. *raises hand*

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc