[Systems] http://uservoice.com

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Mon Jul 20 23:09:32 EDT 2009

Caroline Meeks wrote:
> One of the products I am using just started using User Voice.
>
> It looks interesting and way friendlier then Trac.
>
> I haven't thought deeply about this yet, but could this be part of our
> solution in terms of how we interact with teachers/end users and
> aggregate and manage their input?

If someone's willing to try it out, it's probably worth experimenting on
to see if it's worth officially deploying. I don't have bandwidth to do
that right now, but if it happens I'll be watching with great interest -
looks like a neat platform.

That having been said, I *really* like Trac from a dev's workflow
perspective - it's great for reporting and tracking technical bugs. Not
sure what uservoice looks like to a dev - but *that* having been said,
the people who do development (or the ones we want to do development)
are the ones who should make sure that whatever platform SL is using is
one that fits their needs.

--Mel