[Systems] monitoring => was Re: Spam filtering for lists

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Wed Jul 1 03:24:36 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 15:06 -0700, Ivan Krstić wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2009, at 3:01 PM, Marten Vijn wrote:
> > have got stats over time so changes over time?
>

> Bernie and I have been talking about throwing munin on there; I'm
> waiting to find out if we can get that running on an external (non-SL)
> machine.

oke,

I went rougthy through the documentation but could not things
to check something like a ping check which handy to also
handy to have an indication what switches,routers,uplinks are doning.

I have box which runs nagios+mrtg. Is there a list of of things we want
to monitor and have trends on? A this box I wish to keep a limited code
base. If munin is a requirement we 'll have to look for another box.

My list would be:

ping+rta:
  - machines
  - switches