[Systems] [support.osuosl.org #5846] Sugar Labs: Hosting for Pootle

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Jan 13 12:26:23 EST 2009

Chris Leonard wrote:
> Pootle is a tool that manages to the translation process of the Sugar
> user interface strings.
>
> Pootle (the upstream) information
> http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/index
>
> The existing OLPC Poolte server/service can be seen at:
> https://dev.laptop.org/translate/
>
> I can't give you any details on system requirements (as seen in real
> life) beyond the upstream's documentation:
>
> http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/installation

What Chris said.

The memory footprint of our instance is 1.6GB though, and the VM needs
to be CPU limited because Pootle is quite a hog.

We don't have any particular distro requirement, and Python 2.4 would
do, therefore CentOS 5 would work for us this time.  I'm also not
opposed to Gentoo, for uniformity.

We'd like to make Chris the maintainer of Pootle, and I will be a
backup admin.

Dogi (on cc) is the current admin of the machine that runs Pootle.  We
should coordinate with him to move data once the new instance is stable.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/