[Systems] [support.osuosl.org #5846] Sugar Labs: Hosting for Pootle

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 13:48:45 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM, Lance Albertson via RT <support at osuosl.org
> wrote:

> On Mon Jan 12 16:54:34 2009, bernie at codewiz.org wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > we need a VM to migrate pootle.laptop.org.
> >
> > Pootle likes to use a lot of memory and CPU time:
> >
> >  752 pootle    20   0 1726m 1.6g 2352 R   75 33.8 921:37.38
> > /usr/bin/python /usr/sbin/PootleServer
>
> Can you please elaborate more on what it is, what its requirements are
> and what service its providing? If this is using that much memory, it
> won't be very ideal for our virtual machine environment.
>
> Thanks-

Lance,

Pootle is a tool that manages to the translation process of the Sugar user
interface strings.

Pootle (the upstream) information
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/index

The existing OLPC Poolte server/service can be seen at:
https://dev.laptop.org/translate/

I can't give you any details on system requirements (as seen in real life)
beyond the upstream's documentation:

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/pootle/installation

cjl