[Systems] building on sunjammer

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Feb 24 10:52:23 EST 2009

David Farning wrote:
> Bernie,
> On a closely related note.
> Have you been keeping an eye on
> http://sunjammer.sugarlabs.org/munin/sugarlabs.org/sunjammer.sugarlabs.org-cpu.html
> ?

That's really weird: top does not reveal any background activity.
Munin usually works fine, so we might be observing some artifact of
the xen virtualization.

> Sugar Labs doesn't move too fast so we may want to start planning ahead....
>
> The single biggest factor affecting aslo is memory for running
> memchached. As we come fully online we are going to want to bring the
> memcached hit rate up to 90%.
>
> We are now at a 40% hit rate with a 1G cache.

How big is the addons database?  Certainly smaller than 1GB.

The hit rate of might not improve at all with a bigger cache, and 40%
might be the maximum number of queries that can actually be cached
without going through the database.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/