[Systems] Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Progress on new Pootle server

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:50:44 EST 2009

All,

Just to let both Sugar Labs systems and OLPC VIG know that the preparation
work on the new Pootle server migration is going well and the Localization
list is being kept in the loop.

Sayamindu has done great work on getting awk ready, thanks again to dogi for
getting accounts set up there.  An initial migration of the pootle data has
been performed and it is looking pretty good.  There is still some work on
one project tha didn't quite migrate cleanly and all of the back-end bits
for hooking into the repos at OLPC and Sugar Labs.  I'm working with
Sayamindu to review the migrated materials.

It would be great if the real cut-over into production could be handled by
just repointing some DNS entries, so that will need to be coordinated and
driven by Sayamindu's sign-off that the awk pootle instance is "ready for
production".

In the meantime, there is a flood of new translators joining for Bahasa
Melayu and Khmer projects as well as lots of pre-release polishing of
strings by active L10n teams and it is best to just keep them working on the
existing Pootle instance and be prepared to merge any changes just before
cut-over (or even after if needed).

cjl