[Systems] Local Labs Argentina

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Dec 10 21:34:50 EST 2009

[cc += dfarning]

On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 17:13 -0500, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero wrote:
> Gustavo and others have expressed interest in beginning the local lab
> process in Argentina, they wish to have a local wiki and
>@ar.sugarlabs.org mails.

Great. If you would like to use a Google Apps instance for email,
calendars, documents and other services, David Farning can suggest how
to carry on the procedure to obtain the extended functionality reserved
to educational institutions.

You may also skip this part and choose to let us forward email accounts
to your existing email accounts. Generally, non-geeks find Google Apps
nicer to work with.

> Can Sunjammer admins help with the process?, maybe Gustavo or Gonzalo
> can admin the services if not i could help..

For the main website, I suggest adding yet another Mediawiki instance,
similar to http://pe.sugarlabs.org/ and http://cl.sugarlabs.org/ .

If you have different needs or proposals, just let me know. We can do
almost anything, including redirecting *.ar.sugarlabs.org subdomains to
your existing servers or creating new virtual hosts on Sunjammer.

Because sysadmin time is a very scarce resource, we ask that you take
over maintainership of whatever infrastructure we setup for you, and
coordinate with us when needed.

This would require someone with good Linux system administration skills
on your side. If you have someone in mind, please send us:

 * public ssh key
 * id of a published gpg key (optional)
 * desired username
 * first and last name(s)
 * where to forward mail to username at sugarlabs.org

NOTE TO SELF: write down the account request procedure somewhere in the
wiki as it's at least the 20th time I write it to someone (-: