[Systems] aslo-web went down

dfarning at sugarlabs.org dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Dec 4 12:32:04 EST 2009

This morning, aslo-web went down for a couple of hours.  Sadly, the load balancer did not detect the failure, I'll have to work on a better 'check' script.

While I am not sure of the exact cause, the failure seemed to occur during or just after a backup....

The daily eth0 spike happened at the same time as spikes in fork rate, load average, and Inode table usage.  Then the machine became unresponsive.

At the time I was watching memory usage as the load increased so I did not notice these other spikes.

david