[Systems] DBMS on sunjammer (was: Re: (forw) [mirrorbrain] important: breakage in 2.11.0 on Debian/Ubuntu)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Fri Dec 4 05:53:54 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 01:20:26PM -0500, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> By the way, is it safe to switch to MySQL? Running two different RDBMS
> on the same server seems like a big waste of resources, and we already
> need MySQL for all the web applications.
Out of curiousity, is there a reason we're running mysql instead of
postgresql? Is it better suited to some of the applications we are
running?
In my (limited) experience, PostgreSQL is easier to administrate and
works much better for large data sets (e.g. OSM [1] data).

[1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/