[Systems] Progress with treehouse

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-systems at silbe.org
Sat Aug 29 07:00:18 EDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:59:41AM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:

> We've not yet decided what parts of the SL infrastructure will go on
> it,
> but about 50% of the capacity will be allocated to a project that Dogi
> described to me as a sysadmin school of system administration, to
> which
> FGrose is also participating.
Any details on that? I might have been administering single servers and
small/medium-scale desktop deployments (about a hundred hosts - mostly
handled client-side issues there, though) for many years, but lack
real-world experience on large-scale deployments.
Built my own infra tools (similar to bcfg2/cfengine/puppet), but stopped
using them about a year ago (after moving places) because I'm only
administering a handful of systems on my own anymore, so it was too much
effort.
Long story short, if it's about learning to use infrastructure tools and
practices like pair administration, I'd like to participate.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/