[Systems] Clustering Remora

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Aug 28 02:13:45 EDT 2009

El Thu, 27-08-2009 a las 21:38 -0500, David Farning escribió:

> If the resources are available, the first piece to split off would be
> the file server portion of a.sl.o. That is just a matter of setting up
> a very light weight http server on a machine with good bandwidth and
> adjusting a single line of the a.sl.o config file.

Great.  Does Remora provide its own mechanism for synchronizing the
files, or do we have to call rsync from a cron job?

> > This would also be another good project waiting for a volunteer sysadmin
> > to explore.  I can provide all the necessary resources and support.
> > activities-devel.sl.o. would be a good playing ground, just ask me to
> > get access and get in contact with Aleksey for coordination.
>
> Hopefully, that is something wes is able to do.
>
> How about moving activites-[devel|testing].sl.o to bender or treehouse
> in order to move them from tier 1 to tier 2 machines?

Sounds like a good plan to me.  Ok, let's move in that direction.

I guess the first step would be selecting and customizing a base OS
image that we could unpack to quickly create new VMs.  iirc, Sascha had
done it already on bender.

Whenever there's no compelling reason to prefer a particular Linux
distro, we could keep installing Ubuntu 64bit on our VMs for consistency
with Sunjammer and Solarsail.