[Systems] systems-logs

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Thu Aug 27 13:59:29 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 10:44 -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> [systems@]
>
> Marten,
>
> I made you an admin of systems-logs@ so you can approve any logs that
> got stuck on your own.

oke, I 'll handle that.

> Let me know (on systems@) when you feel our mirror system is mature
> enough that we could start doing round-robin DNS for download.sl.o.

As posted some ago download2 does not always have a .stamp file.

Currenty I am decreasing verbosity.

> If you have further ideas to scale and improve our infrastructure, I'd
> be glad to work with you on them.  Do you hang out on IRC too?

Funny see my posting on cacheboy asked for bandwidth. Getting this for
them would also help us distributing iso's.

IRC => check for mvn071

Think getting more data from trend and monitoring i next important step

Also moving my mirror_check script should be moved to a monitoring
machine.

This could help finding bottle neck. At some point we could need a setup
with loadbalancers / failover mechs, but I don't think we are there yet.

cheers,
Marten

--
this email is sent from my mainframe.....
http://martenvijn.nl                Sugar on a Stick