[Systems] Progress with treehouse

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Aug 27 10:59:41 EDT 2009

El Thu, 27-08-2009 a las 09:47 -0500, David Farning escribió:
> Any thought on when we are going to outgrow this machine:)  Growth is good!

We've not yet decided what parts of the SL infrastructure will go on it,
but about 50% of the capacity will be allocated to a project that Dogi
described to me as a sysadmin school of system administration, to which
FGrose is also participating.

The rest of the machine could start by hosting some of our "tier 2"
services, such as meeting.sugarlabs.org, buildbot.sugarlabs.org and so
on.

After we've grown some more confidence in the hardware, we might be able
to move some "tier 1" services currently running on sunjammer: pootle
and a.sl.o.  Being a LAMP application, a.sl.o should be easy to cluster
on multiple boxes.

For the sake of completeness, I'd like to remind everybody that we also
have "tier 0" services: www, wiki, trac and lists, all of which are
running on solarsail, and git, running off an OSU-OSL VM.

These things are briefly documented in the Infrestructure Team wiki
pages (I'd appreciate if someone could help extending and updating our
systems documentation, btw).