[Systems] Vacancy: 16-19 Aug

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Aug 19 20:42:44 EDT 2009

El Thu, 20-08-2009 a las 00:47 +0200, Sascha Silbe escribió:
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:25:39PM +0200, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
>
> > Except, maybe, mod_deflate.  I disabled it just in case... even though
> > it worked flawlessly on any other system I ran before.  I also
> > disabled mod_perl and mod_python, both of which were supposedly unused.

> Thanks (mod_python). :-/
> Need to redo my upload form now. Just glad I haven't announced it on
> iaep yet.
> Is there some documentation as to what is "officially" available (i.e.
> what I can rely on)?

We can certainly reinstall mod_python once there's something on
sunjammer using it.  Except, I would suggest using mod_fcgi if possible,
because it provides better isolation from the web server.

Someone also told me that mod_passenger could serve Python applications
as well as Ruby, but I have no idea how good this is for production use.

Anyway, if you make your Python application use the WSGI interface, you
don't have to care (too much) about the particular mechanism used for
deploying it.