[Systems] Vacancy: 16-19 Aug

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Aug 19 16:25:39 EDT 2009

El Wed, 19-08-2009 a las 15:26 +0000, Aleksey Lim escribió:
> > > Things that come to mind might be automatic filetype identification and
> > > virus scanning.
> >
> > I've setup redirection for .xo from
> > http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/activities/
> > hope it will minimize cpu usage
>
> at least we will see if its not php issue

Looks like we're still slowing down as usual even with this
optimization.

Oddly, even sending out static files seems to eat a lot of CPU time if
we are to believe what we see in the server-status page.

This seems bogus.  I went through the configuration and the list of
modules, but I can't spot anything that could obviously be related with
Apache's event loop wasting CPU time instead of going idle.

Except, maybe, mod_deflate.  I disabled it just in case... even though
it worked flawlessly on any other system I ran before.  I also disabled
mod_perl and mod_python, both of which were supposedly unused.