[Systems] sunjammer: VM relocated back to old host

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Sat Aug 15 09:00:20 EDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Luke Faraone<luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2009, at 12:42, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
>>
>> I enabled mod_mem_cache in the hope it will save some computation, but
>> if it's not effective we might have to reduce the number of Apache
>> processes and start returning "500 server busy" errors.
>
> Maybe pipe downloads through the CoralCDN? It tends to be slow, but it'll
> save us bandwidth...
>
> -lf

I haven't used it in a while, but a year or two ago
http://codeen.cs.princeton.edu/ was pretty sweet for large file
transfers.

Most FSF web servers use squid as a front end (with apache serving to
localhost), although there are newer (and harder to configure for the
most part) alternatives that are supposed to be better at this point.

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny