[Systems] Comparison of modern project management systems

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Aug 12 17:18:42 EDT 2009

El Wed, 12-08-2009 a las 17:03 -0400, Luke Faraone escribió:
> The concerns related to git imports in launchpad will be fixed in a
> later update, as the importer was designed for cvs, git is currently a
> bit of a hack on top of it.

A long time ago, I wrote an email based review tool for CVS.  Some time
later, I extended it for Subversion and the result was still quite
straightforward:

  http://codewiz.org/projects/index.html#loginfo

Recently, someone else at Develer added git support and realized the
hard way that git is really a different beast.

I had recommended him to throw away all my code and start over by
extending one of the many scripts that go in the post-receive hook of
git.  He'd also get implicit support for all those SCM which can be
imported in git incrementally, hence also SVN and CVS.

Git is quite a different beast in the SCM family, just like LISP
is a different programming language.

  http://www.lisperati.com/different.jpg