[Systems] trinity: maintenance downtime, Aug 8 14:00 CEST

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Aug 8 07:00:52 EDT 2009

The machine trinity.develer.com will undergo a planned operating system
upgrade starting today at 14:00 CEST.

Hosted web and mail services might become intermittently unavailable
during this operation.  Other machines hosted at Develer will be
unreachable for a short time as we reboot the gateway.

Following the upgrade, we'll start replacing disks in the main RAID5
array one at a time to solve a longstanding stability issue caused by
the old WD7502ABYS drive firmware.  As the array is being reconstructed,
I/O performance will be slightly reduced.

Apologies for the inconvenience.