[Systems] Wiki

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Sep 12 18:25:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 23:47 +0200, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Ivan Krstić wrote:
> > On Sep 12, 2008, at 8:42 AM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> >> FFM and Simon Dorner would make good candidates for the job.  Can we
> >> get them accounts on Solarsail?
> >
> > Probably. Do you think there is enough ongoing work to warrant
> > permanent accounts? I always thought there's little wiki work
> > requiring server access.
>
> You're probably right.  Mind if I work on it over the next few days?

There are a few areas that require to the database.  Installing
extensions requires the ability LocalSettings.php and drop some scripts
in a extensions folder.

> > My policy for maintaining a very high security environment on
> > solarsail has been to give out accounts only to people I've personally
> > met and trust. I haven't met either Luke or Simon, though if you
> > believe circumstances warrant it and are willing to vouch for both of
> > them, we can do that.
>
> I know Simon personally, even slept in his house.  Regarding ffm, until a
> few days ago, nobody even knew his real name! ;-)

I don't know either one yet:( I am wary of FFM, he has volunteered
several tasks that I am tracking and has yet to follow through on any of
them.  If he wants to work on the wiki there are many important tasks he
can do without access to the db and scripts.

thanks
david