[Systems] sugarlabs[1-3].xen.prgmr.com

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Dec 24 05:50:08 EST 2008

Backups: we now have plenty of space for backups on sunjammer, but
we're not supposed to use up a lot of bandwidth on these VMs so maybe
we'd better use storage on a nearby machine?  I'll ask the prgmr
people for advice.

For improved security, I'd like to disable password logins and change
the root passwords.  Make sure you can login with your -- password
protected, of course -- ssh keys.

On sugarlabs1, there's an instance of mysql running, and also avahi.
Does anyone need it or can I turn it off?

sugarlabs2 is running ejabberd.  Is this still needed?

sugarlabs3, our Ubuntu Intrepid build slave, is currently down and I'm
unable to recover it from the management console.  I've asked the
prgmr people for support.

I'm keeping these machines up to date with the distro updates, but be
aware that this might accidentally break sugar-jhbuild.  You can also
see this as a feature because it helps us fix jhbuild these problems
before they hit other developers.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/