[Systems] Buildbot

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Wed Dec 3 01:56:43 EST 2008

Lance Albertson wrote:
> Overall I haven't had any major issues directly with KVM itself and I've
> used it for at least the last six months. I'm running the main OS as
> Gentoo so I haven't tried it on other distros as the main machine.

What management tools do you use with it?

I mean, the main issue with me was not kvm itself, but lack of robust
tools to, say, shutdown the VMs gracefully on host shutdown, makes
daily snapshots for backups, etc.

> Performance wise, I don't notice any issues between XEN and KVM. They
> both appear to be the same.

In some brutal tests I made, I/O peformance on a raw disk image seemed
rather poor.  Like 1/3 of the host.

> If you guys need help with KVM, just let me know!

I don't need it personally, but please keep me in the loop as I'm very
curious about these things.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/