[Systems] Buildbot

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Tue Dec 2 20:02:08 EST 2008

Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>>> Marco, sugarlabs1 is already a F10, although it was apparently
>>> obtained by upgrading from F9.  Would that work anyway?
>> The only reason it boots is that it still uses the F8 kernel (it was
>> upgraded from F8). If you boot with the F10 kernel it breaks.
>
> Err... I guess the problem is that xen was dropped in later versions
> of Fedora.
>
> But today's stock kernels come with the paravirtops enabled, so they
> should be virtualizable cooperatively in a way or another.  Maybe we
> should be using kvm in stead of xen?  Or a newer version of xen?
>
> I'm not such an expert in virtualization matters...

You probably need to install the kernel-xen package instead of the
kernel package (assuming its in F10 too, I see it in F9 at least). I
deal with a lot of xen/kvm stuff here at the OSL so I probably can shed
some light on it. I don't think I've fired up a Fedora VM yet in Xen but
I know with CentOS you need kernel-xen or it won't boot.

Cheers-

--
Lance Albertson                                    lance <at> osuosl.org
Systems Administrator / Architect                        Open Source Lab