[Systems] [IAEP] Honeypot

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 1 18:44:44 EST 2008

[-iaep]

On Dec 1, 2008, at 11:45 PM, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> ☞ Hardware: I'm oriented towards an HP ProLiant DL180 G5.
>   It's a 2U with 8 3.5" SATA/SAS bays and quad core Xeon.
>   All for $1200 + memory + disks.  To save on costs, we'll
>   get 2x1TB 7200RPM SATA drives and only 2 or 4GB of RAM;

Going below 4GB RAM for a machine hosting VMs is not a good idea.
Springing for 8GB is a good investment, if the RAM is bought from a
3rd party store.

> ☞ You might be wondering why such a subject... well,
>   honeypot.sugarlabs.org is the domain name I expect to
>   use for this machine unless someone comes up with a
>   better idea :-)

With the first machine called solarsail, the second should surely be
called sunjammer:

     <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunjammer>

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org