[sugar-sur] [SLOBS] [IAEP] Sugar Labs Finance Committee [Was Re: Motion: To appoint Volunteer Laura Vargas as Sugar Labs Financial Manager [was Re: URGENT action needed]]

Laura Vargas laura en somosazucar.org
Mar Sep 19 08:44:35 EDT 2017

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 8:12 PM, Laura Vargas <laura en somosazucar.org>
> wrote:

>>> I don't recall off hand all of the history. But Robert Fadel, a
>>> professional CPA, was one example. All of this is documented in the
>>> archives of the Sugar Digest. Feel free to look there.
>>>

>> I don't recall a Financial Manager ever appointed before at Sugar Labs.
>>
>> Would be nice to have the reference for Robert Fadel's appointment.
>>
>> You mean the IAEP mailing list?
>>

> In the spirit of ask Google, a quick search of the wiki retrieved:
> https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2012-01-03

Yes thank you!

Now I remember that was the first time I was rejected to help out with
finances :D

During that meeting
<http://meeting.sugarlabs.org/sugar-meeting/meetings/2012-01-03T21:12:16>
you mention:

21:17     walterbender     Yes, Robert brings lots of experience.
21:18         So I proposed to both of them that Robert be the one to
manage the finances and the SFC relationship and Laura work with him on
strategies for the organization
21:18         They both seemed comfortable with that
21:18         Comments? Questons?

Still, I never heard from Robert nor saw any financial report nor
strategies shared by him.

Can you add a reference to the financial reports from Robert?

Do you remember, when did Robert quit?

Thank you in advance to help me understand better how did Robert managed
the position so I can learn.

Note: I don't add Robert to copy because I don't have his email.

Regards

Laura