[sugar-sur] [IAEP] [Sugar-devel] New ASLO Project Definition

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress en gmail.com
Jue Mayo 18 22:08:17 EDT 2017

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 9:57 PM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:
> On 05/19/2017 09:24 AM, Chris Leonard wrote:
>>
> The more difficult question is how to localize the summary and description
> of the individual activities. At present, it appears we don't attempt to
> localize this information.

The first thought that pops into my mind is the very brief Activity
description that is in the activity.info file and is frequently, but
not always captured in the PO file for localization.  With that as
background, making changes to activity,info format to include a richer
description seems feasible as does doing a better job of tooling the
i18n so that these activity.info fields are more consistently captured
in the PO files.  Having ASLO parse the activity.info file of the
hosted packages relevant PO file seems a reasonable approach that
would mean that ASLO doesn't have to have separately maintained
knowledge of the Activities being hosted, it justs picks it up from
the upload of the package itself.  . Just a thought.

cjl