[sugar-sur] [Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [wiki bug] Roadmap Sugar Labs - Ambiguity detected on how to make Decisions

Laura Vargas laura en somosazucar.org
Mie Mayo 10 09:20:22 EDT 2017

Thank you both for your interest and suggestions.

I will research on the "consent agenda mechanism". Hope other board members
will also research. Clearly we have much to learn.

In the meanwhile, and if there are no objections in a couple of days, I
will replace the text in the decisions page of the wiki, from:

"Due to confusion about Sugar Labs governance, during 2016 several members
of the project not on the SLOB posted motions, but these were not seconded,
and have been struck out to show they were considered by some SLOB members
are invalid."

"We welcome non-member proposals at the time of a meeting; but they require
both a proposer and seconder from among the members of the board.

The meeting chairperson has the duty to making it clear when a motion is
proposed, and who proposed it, making it clear when a motion is seconded,
not allowing talk on a motion until it is seconded, not allowing a change
to the motion unless the change is both proposed and seconded, initiation,
education and preparation of the board members."

I hope this sounds reasonable.

Best regards and blessings,

Laura Victoria

--
Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*

“Solo la tecnología libre nos hará libres.”
~ Laura Victoria

Happy Learning!
#LearningByDoing
#Projects4good