[sugar-sur] [IAEP] Sugar Labs 2017 Budget

Alfonso Montenegro amontenegro en hwkessel.com.pe
Jue Mar 2 16:10:30 EST 2017

PLEASE BE SO KIND TO DELETE ME FROM THIS LIST

THANK YOU

De: sugar-sur [mailto:sugar-sur-bounces en lists.sugarlabs.org] En nombre de Jatuff Esteban
Enviado el: jueves, 02 de marzo de 2017 03:40 p.m.
Para: sugar-sur en lists.sugarlabs.org
CC: Adam Holt <holt en unleashkids.org>; Lionel Laske <lionel en olpc-france.org>; Tony Anderson <tony_anderson en usa.net>; SLOBs <slobs en lists.sugarlabs.org>; Dave Crossland <dave en lab6.com>; Samson Goddy <samsongoddy en sugarlabs.org>; iaep <iaep en lists.sugarlabs.org>
Asunto: Re: [sugar-sur] [IAEP] Sugar Labs 2017 Budget

Hola, alguien podría hacer el favor de eliminarme de la lista? O decirme como hacerlo? Gracias!

El feb. 25, 2017 19:46, "Chris Leonard" <cjlhomeaddress en gmail.com <mailto:cjlhomeaddress en gmail.com> > escribió:

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 2:21 PM, Laura Vargas <laura en somosazucar.org <mailto:laura en somosazucar.org> > wrote:

>> Hello Again....
>>

> Hola Caryl,
>>
>> The "Badge" proposal is a totally inappropriate use of SL funds and could
>> result in litigation and the possible end of SugarLabs.
>>

> Please do elaborate on this. We have already allocated stipends for active
> members in the past. As I recall Chris Leonard had an 8 month stipend of US$
> 1,000.
>
> What would be difference?

To clarify, I had negotiated a contract with Sugar Labs / SFC for a
monthly stipend to support the Translation Manager position.  I did
NOT submit a single invoice for that work (which I have been doing)
and allowed the contract to lapse.  I have not received a dime from
Sugar Labs funds in in the 10 years I have been volunteering and I
have come to regret that I opened the door to the current effort to
drain those funds into members pockets.

I believe the funds (the majority of which come from the TripAdvisor
grant obtained by Walter) should go to their intended purpose,
supporting TurtleArt promotion and internationalization and
localization efforts.  I understand that for legal reasons the funds
are officially considered fungible and in a general pool, but I
believe we should honor the original intent of the donor.

cjl

I now regret having opened the door to paid efforts