[sugar-sur] [IAEP] Sugar Labs 2017 Budget

Laura Vargas laura en somosazucar.org
Jue Mar 2 08:58:12 EST 2017

> On 03/02/2017 02:51 PM, Laura Vargas wrote:
>
>> As for the 2017 Budget, Sugar Labs needs doable specific proposals for
>> funding and investing as a healthy financial planning should consider a
>> minimum of 5 years ahead.
>>

> The real need is not for financial planning, but for planning. A real
> five-year plan would be the result of serious thinking by members of the
> community about what Sugar Labs needs to do so that Sugar can survive. The
> essential piece of that is that Sugar must be available as widely as
> possible. Thankfully, Lionel Laske has taken on creating a Sugar for mobile
> devices (and the cloud).

How soon and how much detail we get to the Open Badges implementation will
certainly translate all our gratitude into specific resources for active
contributors to continue doing what they like. No offense but no point and
no need to justify to be stingy, specially when you want to attract and
retain talented active contributors to a diverse development and
educational ecosystem.

I believe the Open Badges model deserves at least a pilot to test results
and evaluate from there.

Regards

--
Laura V.