[sugar-sur] [IAEP] [SLOBS] Sugar Labs 2017 Budget

Laura Vargas laura en somosazucar.org
Dom Feb 26 08:18:21 EST 2017

(vuelvo a poner en copia la lista Sugar-Sur)

> Hi all,
>
> +1 Caryl
> I can't imagine a budget without a project proposal.

Hi Lionel,

I have funded our small research and development team Somos Azucar here in
South America thanks to several project's formulation and happy execution
during the now 7 years of my voluntary contributions to the Sugarlabs main
Project.

Still, as time becomes more and more a limited resource, not necessarily
preparing and submitting project's proposals is the best fit for all.

I feel happy Sugarizer is not in need of economic resources, also to hear
neither is Chris. I really hope your team's infrastructure continue to be
supported for the long term! Our case is different as we, Sugar Labs,
sponsor basic infrastructure to the local deployment serving more than
40,000 online users.

What I'm proposing here is nothing more than a public recognition of all
those contributors that have positive results. If I proposed you and
Sugarizer for a Badge is because I admire your determination and the
product your team has develop.

Think about it as if they were the Oscars of Sugar Labs!!!

I believe that by opening it's mind to new models, Sugar Labs has the
opportunity to renew its rusty image and prepare for a new generation of
coders and active contributors to build and distribute the best software
libre possible for the kids!

I will reformulate the model before presenting it to the Board formally.

Regards and blessings from the Amazon forest,

Laura V

--
Laura V.
* I&D SomosAZUCAR.Org*